From 4e5d56ca0679bc06f9e0496d205ca3990dd9700f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: escfrpls Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:21:44 +0200 Subject: Initial import of Drohiczyn-Poleski site --- posts/en/Chomiczyce.html | 187 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 187 insertions(+) create mode 100644 posts/en/Chomiczyce.html (limited to 'posts/en/Chomiczyce.html') diff --git a/posts/en/Chomiczyce.html b/posts/en/Chomiczyce.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000..590bd74 --- /dev/null +++ b/posts/en/Chomiczyce.html @@ -0,0 +1,187 @@ + + + + + + Village Chomiczyce + + + + +

Village Chomiczyce

+
+ Date: 2025-09-29    |    + Tags: Chomiczyce +
+ + + +

It was first mentioned in 1577 and 1589 as part of the Przyszychwosty village (now Pierwomajsk). At the end of the 17th century, the village was part of the Przyszychwosty estate, owned by Wladyslaw Przyszychwost. After his death in 1703, it was sold to Martin Dominik Walowicz, Marshal of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, for 5,000 zlotys (together with the village of Chudlin). From 1791, it was part of the Kobryn County, Brest Voivodeship.

+ +

From 1795, it was part of the Russian Empire, in the Kobryn County of the Slonim Province, from 1797 in the Lithuanian Province, and from 1801 in the Grodno Province.

+ +
+ Schubert map 1832 +
Map 1 — Schubert map 1832
+
+ +
+ Military-topographic map 1846-1863 +
Map 2 — Military-topographic map of the Russian Empire 1846–1863
+
+ +

In 1858, the village was in the Antopol volost, the center of the rural community, part of the Antopol estate of Count Kazimir Orzorowski, and had 130 revision souls (state peasants). In 1890, the rural community owned 511.5 dessiatines of land, of which 212 were suitable for cultivation. In 1905, there were 432 inhabitants.

+ +
+ One-verst map +
Map 3 — One-verst map
+
+ +
+ Three-verst map +
Map 4 — Three-verst map
+
+ +

From 1921 to 1939, it was part of Poland, in the Antopol gmina, Drohiczyn district, Polesie province. In 1921, there were 36 households and 156 inhabitants. In the 1930s, there were 63 households and a primary school.

+ +
+ German kdwr map +
Map 5 — German kdwr map
+
+ +
+ Polish WIG map +
Map 6 — Polish WIG map
+
+ +

Since 1939, it has been part of the Belarus SSR. In 1940, the village was in the Osipowicze village council, Antopol district, Brest region, and had 335 inhabitants.

+ +
+ RKKA map +
Map 7 — Red Army map
+
+ +

During the Great Patriotic War, 14 residents of the village died, and 12 did not return from the front. Since 1959, it has been part of the Drohiczyn District. In 1960, the village was part of the Holowczyce Village Council and had 261 inhabitants. In 1970, there were 255 inhabitants, and in 1995, there were 47 households and 88 inhabitants.

+ +
+

References and materials used in the article

+ +
+ +
+ ← Return to Main Page / На главную +
+ + + -- cgit v1.2.3