From 4e5d56ca0679bc06f9e0496d205ca3990dd9700f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: escfrpls Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:21:44 +0200 Subject: Initial import of Drohiczyn-Poleski site --- posts/en/Jalocz.html | 207 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 207 insertions(+) create mode 100644 posts/en/Jalocz.html (limited to 'posts/en/Jalocz.html') diff --git a/posts/en/Jalocz.html b/posts/en/Jalocz.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000..42fd0a5 --- /dev/null +++ b/posts/en/Jalocz.html @@ -0,0 +1,207 @@ + + + + + + Village Jalocz + + + + +

Village Jalocz

+
+ Date: 2025-10-07    |    + Tags: Jalocz +
+ + + +

The settlement was mentioned in 1664 under the name "Jeloczje" in the Pinsk District, Brest Voivodeship. In 1665, it was known as "Zajeloczje" in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

+ +

From 1795, it was part of the Russian Empire, in the Kobryn District of the Slonim Province, from 1797, in the Lithuanian Province, and from 1801, in the Grodno Province. The village appears on Schubert's map of 1832:

+ +
+ Schubert map 1832 +
Map 1 — Schubert map (1832)
+
+ +

Also on the military topographic map of the Russian Empire for 1846-1863:

+ +
+ Military topographic map 1846-1863 +
Map 2 — Military topographic map of the Russian Empire (1846–1863)
+
+ +

In 1858, the village, the center of a rural community in the Osowiec Volost, part of the Ludwinowo estate of Piotr Orzeszko, had 347 inspectors (state peasants). In the RGIA archive, F. 1344, Op. 122, D. 1659, October 23, 1896, there is a mention of our village and its residents:

+ +
+ Second (Peasant) Department of the Senate. According to the report of the Grodno Governor, No. 9485, with a complaint from the former freeman of the village of Jalocz, Simon Sawicki, regarding the land settlement of the petitioner together with his brother, Dawid. +
+ +

In 1905, the population was 656, and there was an elementary school. The village on a one-verst map:

+ +
+ One-verst map +
Map 3 — One-verst map
+
+ +

Also on a three-verst map:

+ +
+ Three-verst map +
Map 4 — Three-verst map
+
+ +

From 1921 to 1939, it was part of Poland, in the Osowiec Gmina, Drohiczyn County, Polesie Voivodeship. In 1921, there were 59 households and 309 residents. The ethnic composition of the population during that period was Belarusians, 96.8%, and Jews, 3.2%. The predominant religion was Orthodox Christians (96.8%). The village on the German military map kdwr:

+ +
+ German KDWR map +
Map 5 — German KDWR map
+
+ +

Also on the Polish map WIG:

+ +
+ Polish WIG map +
Map 6 — Polish WIG map
+
+ +

From December 4, 1939, part of the Belarus SSR, in the Osowiec Volost, Drohiczyn District, Pinsk Oblast. It had 125 households and 685 residents, and a functioning school. From January 15, 1940, it was part of the Drohiczyn District, and from October 12, 1940, part of the Osowiec Village Council. The village on the Red Army map:

+ +
+ Red Army map +
Map 7 — Red Army (RKKA) map
+
+ +

During the Great Patriotic War, 23 residents of viilage were killed; 20 did not return from the front. Since 1954, in the Brest region. In 1960, there were 671 residents, in 1970, 532 residents, and in 1995, 143 households and 284 residents.

+ +
+

References and materials used in the post

+ +
+ +
+ ← Return to Main Page / На главную +
+ + + -- cgit v1.2.3