From 4e5d56ca0679bc06f9e0496d205ca3990dd9700f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: escfrpls Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:21:44 +0200 Subject: Initial import of Drohiczyn-Poleski site --- posts/en/Krystynow.html | 193 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 193 insertions(+) create mode 100644 posts/en/Krystynow.html (limited to 'posts/en/Krystynow.html') diff --git a/posts/en/Krystynow.html b/posts/en/Krystynow.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000..dbad209 --- /dev/null +++ b/posts/en/Krystynow.html @@ -0,0 +1,193 @@ + + + + + + Village Krystynow + + + + +

Village Krystynow

+
+ Date: 2025-07-09    |    + Tags: Krystynow +
+ + + +

At the end of the 18th century Krystynow belonged to Butrymowicz M. The village is on Schubert's map of 1826-1840:

+ +
+ Schubert map 1826-1840 +
Map 1 — Schubert map (1826–1840)
+
+ +

Also on the military topographic map of the Russian Empire for 1846-1863:

+ +
+ Military topographic map 1846-1863 +
Map 2 — Military topographic map of the Russian Empire (1846–1863)
+
+ +

Until 1858, Krystynow belonged to the Swiecicki. From written sources it was mentioned in 1858 as a village in Worocewicze volost, the center of the village community, in Kobryn district, Grodno province. It belonged to the Krystynow estate of the landowner Gasper Klimoszewski. There were 113 revision souls (state villagers). Part of the village was within the boundaries of the Gut rural municipality of Worocewicze volost. In 1890 the Krystynow estate belonged to Anna Petrowska and had 276 dessiatinas of land. The village is on the map:

+ +
+ One-verst map +
Map 3 — One-verst map
+
+ +

Also on the three-verst map:

+ +
+ Three-verst map +
Map 4 — Three-verst map
+
+ +

In 1905 there were 265 inhabitants in the village and 13 inhabitants in the estate.

+ +

From 1921 to 1939 it was part of Poland, in Worocewicze commune, Drohiczyn district, Poleskie voivodeship. In 1921 the village had 46 courtyards and 165 inhabitants; the manor had 13 inhabitants. In the ethnic composition of the population of that period Poles made up 100%. The confessional composition of the population was dominated by Orthodox Christians (95.8%). The village on the Polish WIG map:

+ +
+ Polish WIG map +
Map 5 — Polish WIG map
+
+ +

From 04.12.1939 it was a part of BSSR, Drohiczyn district, Pinsk region. There were 58 households and 315 inhabitants. From 15.12.1940 in Drohichyn district, from 12.10.1940 in Osowiec village council. The village is on the map of Red Army:

+ +
+ Red Army map +
Map 6 — Red Army (RKKA) map
+
+ +

Also on the German map kdwr:

+ +
+ German KDWR map +
Map 7 — German KDWR map
+
+ +

During the Great Patriotic War 13 inhabitants of the village perished. In 1960 there were 296 inhabitants of the village, in 1970 - 259 inhabitants, in 1995 - 52 yards and 106 inhabitants.

+ +
+

Links and materials used in the post

+ +
+ +
+ ← Return to Main Page / На главную +
+ + + -- cgit v1.2.3