From 4e5d56ca0679bc06f9e0496d205ca3990dd9700f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: escfrpls Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:21:44 +0200 Subject: Initial import of Drohiczyn-Poleski site --- posts/en/Odryzyn_church.html | 217 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 217 insertions(+) create mode 100644 posts/en/Odryzyn_church.html (limited to 'posts/en/Odryzyn_church.html') diff --git a/posts/en/Odryzyn_church.html b/posts/en/Odryzyn_church.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000..9f506ce --- /dev/null +++ b/posts/en/Odryzyn_church.html @@ -0,0 +1,217 @@ + + + + + + Church in Odryzyn + + + + +

Church in Odryzyn

+
+ Date: 2024-07-09    |    + Tags: Odryzyn +
+ + + +

Odryzyn was once part of Drohiczyn district, so it is worth mentioning the local church.

+ +

The oldest mention of the church is the Uniate metric books from 1684 to 1801. They are kept in the RGIA. It was a wooden church, consecrated in honor of the Dormition of the Blessed Virgin Mary, standing on the southern shore of the lake.

+ +
+ Uniate metric books 1684-1801 +
Uniate metric books, 1684–1801 (RGIA)
+
+ +

There is no information about what happened to the old church, but in 1783 a new Uniate church was built by landowners Czernecki-Czarny.

+ +
+ Note about new church 1783 +
Record of the new church, 1783
+
+ +

There are also mentions of the last Uniate priests of this church until 1837:

+ + +

After the Council of Polotsk in 1839, the church was handed over to the Orthodox Church.

+ +

The Grodno archive already has Orthodox metric books from 1843 to 1863. They are also available online on the Marmon website.

+ +
+ Orthodox metric books 1843-1863 +
Orthodox metric books, 1843–1863 (Grodno archive)
+
+ +
+ Marmon records +
Marmon online records, 1843–1863
+
+ +

On Rittich's 1864 population maps, the church in Odryzyn is marked.

+ +
+ Rittich map 1864 +
Rittich map, 1864
+
+ +

Also on Schubert's maps of 1866-1867, the church is marked.

+ +
+ Schubert map 1866-1867 +
Schubert map, 1866–1867
+
+ +

On February 25, 1870, the Odryzyn church was consecrated. The parish was headed by priest Innokenty Karnatowski, who graduated from the Lithuanian Theological Seminary. In the period from 1914 to 1923 the parish of Odryzyn, in addition to the village of Odryzyn, included the villages of Glinno and Gorki.

+ +

From 5 July 1909 to 9 June 1914, Dubinka Philip Fedorowicz served in the Odryzyn church. He was also a senior teacher of the 2nd railroad school of Pogodino station of the Moscow-Brest railroad.

+ +

It is not known whether the church was active during the II Rzeczpospolita, because the church was not marked on Polish maps.

+ +
+ Polish map 1918-1938 +
Polish map, 1918–1938 (church not shown)
+
+ +

In 1944 the church burned down.

+ +

A new church was built on the place of the old destroyed one. Construction started in 1993. On May 25, 1999 the church was consecrated in honor of St. Michael the Archangel by His Eminence Stephen, Archbishop of Pinsk and Luninec. In 2006, bells for the temple were purchased, the consecration of which took place on September 19, 2006 by the ruling bishop. In 2015 the temple was renovated.

+ +

At present the temple is functioning and in excellent condition.

+ +
+ Modern church in Odryzyn +
Church of St. Michael the Archangel, 2020
+
+ +
+

Links and information used in the material

+ +
+ +
+ ← Return to Main Page +
+ + + -- cgit v1.2.3