From 4e5d56ca0679bc06f9e0496d205ca3990dd9700f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: escfrpls Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:21:44 +0200 Subject: Initial import of Drohiczyn-Poleski site --- posts/en/Perkowicze.html | 204 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 204 insertions(+) create mode 100644 posts/en/Perkowicze.html (limited to 'posts/en/Perkowicze.html') diff --git a/posts/en/Perkowicze.html b/posts/en/Perkowicze.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000..1dd0aa0 --- /dev/null +++ b/posts/en/Perkowicze.html @@ -0,0 +1,204 @@ + + + + + + Village Perkowicze + + + + +

Village Perkowicze

+
+ Date: 2025-08-11    |    + Tags: Perkowicze +
+ + + +

In the 15th century, Perkowicze belonged to the Turów and later the Wojtkowicz family. This was confirmed by King Sigismund the Old in 1538.

+ +

From the late 15th–16th centuries, the village was part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. In 1596, it was purchased by Bishop Kirill Terlecki, who built a fortified manor here.

+ +

Later it belonged to the Orzeszko family and then to the Wyslouch family, who owned it until 1939.

+ +

From 1795, it became part of the Russian Empire. The village is shown on Schubert’s map (1826–1840):

+ +
+ Schubert map +
Map 1 — Schubert map (1826–1840)
+
+ +

Also on the military topographic map (1846–1863):

+ +
+ Military map +
Map 2 — Military topographic map (1846–1863)
+
+ +

The estate later belonged to Felix Wyslouch and was used during the 1863 uprising as an ammunition depot.

+ +
+ The case of the redemption of land plots from Nosarzewski A.A. (1864–1869) +
+ +
+ Case concerning redemption of land plots from Wyslouch A.V. (1864–1865) +
+ +

In 1865, a public school was opened. Antoni Wyslouch later rebuilt the manor and developed a park of about 16 hectares.

+ +

The village on maps:

+ +
+ One-verst map +
Map 3 — One-verst map
+
+ +
+ Three-verst map +
Map 4 — Three-verst map
+
+ +

From 1921 to 1939, it was part of Poland.

+ +
+ WIG map +
Map 5 — Polish WIG map
+
+ +

From 1939, part of the Belarus SSR. In 1940, there were 47 households and 411 inhabitants.

+ +
+ RKKA map +
Map 6 — Red Army (RKKA) map
+
+ +
+ KDWR map +
Map 7 — KDWR map
+
+ +

During World War II, 21 residents died.

+ +

Population: 485 (1960), 832 (1970), 633 (1995).

+ +

Manor house:

+ +
+ Manor house +
Manor house
+
+ +
+

References and materials used in the post

+ +
+ +
+ ← Return to Main Page / На главную +
+ + + -- cgit v1.2.3