From 4e5d56ca0679bc06f9e0496d205ca3990dd9700f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: escfrpls Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:21:44 +0200 Subject: Initial import of Drohiczyn-Poleski site --- posts/en/Zabierz.html | 243 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 243 insertions(+) create mode 100644 posts/en/Zabierz.html (limited to 'posts/en/Zabierz.html') diff --git a/posts/en/Zabierz.html b/posts/en/Zabierz.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000..4031046 --- /dev/null +++ b/posts/en/Zabierz.html @@ -0,0 +1,243 @@ + + + + + + Village Zabierz + + + + +

Village Zabierz

+
+ Date: 2025-06-10    |    + Tags: Zabierz +
+ + + +

Zabierz is known from written sources since the 14th century. In the 14th – 1st half of the 15th century the village was part of the Zditow parish of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, belonged to the Lithuanian Grand Duke, then passed to Nieproczewicz-Wolowicz. Mentioned in 1518 in the case of the conflict at the border of the Pinsk prince Fiodor Ivanowicz Jaroslawicz down “the estate of Zabierz with the place Chomsk” to his wife. At that time Zabierz was a “courtyard”, i.e. it had no significant fortifications and was only the administrative center of the estate. Zabierz remained a “courtyard” until the second half of the 17th century; at that time the Zabierz estate belonged to the princes Dolski and Jazersky, and was partly founded by the nobleman Wojciech Czarwinski. In the “yard” there were two barns, a cellar and a brewery.

+ +

In NIAB Fund: 1733 Inventory: 1 Case: 1 Internal inventory there is a mention of Zabierz and in particular 2 persons (Stefan Jaroszewicz and Jan Jaroszewicz, viceroy of Pan Dolski in the estates of Chomsk and Zabierz), 1566-1569 years:

+ +
+ NIAB inventory 1566-1569 +
NIAB archive, 1566–1569
+
+ +

It is worth noting the record of the NIAB archive Fund: 1785 Inventory: 1 Case: 20 Years: 1604. There is a mention of Zabierz (estate and courtyard) in Pinsk district.

+ +
+ NIAB record 1604 +
NIAB archive, 1604
+
+ +

It is worth attaching documents from 1640, which are currently in the Lithuanian archive.

+
+ The document of 1640 contains a list of income and expenses of an unspecified person, which includes the following localities: Braszewicze (BRAŠEVIČIAI), Chomsk (Chomskas), Sanava (Sanava), Simonowicze (Simonavičiai), Kolpienica (Kolpienica), Zabierz (Zabiežas). Also mentioned is class II Leipinai (Leipūnai). +
+ +
+ Lithuanian archive document 1640 page 1 +
Lithuanian archive, 1640 (page 1)
+
+ +
+ Lithuanian archive document 1640 page 2 +
Lithuanian archive, 1640 (page 2)
+
+ +

When in March 1660 a detachment of Moscow troops of Ivan Chowanski burned the neighboring Chomsk, the local nobleman Dominik Eismant, being in conflict with Wojciech Czarwinski, on March 16, 1660 with 20 of his men under the guise of Muscovites with the cry: “Chop! Chop!” seized the “courtyard”. Czarwinski's servant Nowicki almost died when he rushed to escape across the river.

+ +

In the second half of the 17th century, the Zabierz estate was collected by Prince Jan Karol Dolski. As of 1677 there were 422 taxpayers on this estate of Prince Dolski, taking into account the untaxed and children there could be more than 1000 people in total. There, on the site of the old “courtyard”, Prince Jan Karol Dolski built the Zabierz Castle.

+ +

At the end of the 16th and beginning of the 17th century near Zabierz there was a castle of the Wiszniewicki princes. It was destroyed in 1706 by the army of Charles XII. In 1793 the village is mentioned as part of Chomsk county; there was a working inn, 4 mills. From the inventory for 1793 there is still mentioned a folwark with 22 yards and 154 inhabitants.

+ +

From 1795 in the Russian Empire, in Kobryn district, Slonim district, from 1797 in Lithuanian, from 1801 in Grodno province. The village is on the map in 1860 years:

+ +
+ Map 1801-1845 +
Map, 1801–1845
+
+ +

The village on the military topographic map of the Russian Empire, 1843-1846:

+ +
+ Military topographic map 1843-1846 +
Military topographic map of the Russian Empire, 1843–1846
+
+ +

In 1858 the village, the center of the rural community in Chomsk parish, Kobryn district, belonged to the Chomsk estate, which belonged to the Puslowski family. There were 264 revision souls. The village is on the three-verst map of 1865:

+ +
+ Three-verst map 1865 +
Three-verst map, 1865
+
+ +

There is a mention of the village in the archive RGIA (St. Petersburg), f.1291, Op.58, D18. From February 13, 1881 to May 15, 1883.

+ +
+ RGIA mention 1881-1883 +
RGIA archive, 1881–1883
+
+ +

In 1905 there were 374 inhabitants. During the First World War in 1915-1918, it was occupied by Kaiser's Germany.

+ +

From 1921 to 1939 it was part of Poland. There were 27 households and 176 inhabitants. On September 30, 1921 in the village all were Poleshuks (tutejshy). The village is on the WIG map:

+ +
+ Polish WIG map of Zabierz +
Polish WIG map
+
+ +

Since 1939 in the BSSR. It was marked on German maps kdwr:

+ +
+ German military map kdwr +
German military map (kdwr)
+
+ +

Marked on Red Army maps:

+ +
+ Red Army map of Zabierz +
Red Army (RKKA) map
+
+ +

Village in Chomsk parish, Drohiczyn district, 96 yards and 476 inhabitants, there was an elementary school. From 12 October 1949 to 17 June 1954 the center of the village council of Drohiczyn district, Pinsk region. During the Great Patriotic War 15 inhabitants of the village perished. Since 1954 in Brest region. In 1959 the village was in Khomskiy village council, 255 inhabitants, in 1970 – 444 inhabitants, in 1995 – 209 inhabitants. Until 2004 it was a part of Kirov collective farm.

+ +
+

References and materials used in the post

+ +
+ +
+ ← Return to Main Page +
+ + + -- cgit v1.2.3