From 4e5d56ca0679bc06f9e0496d205ca3990dd9700f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: escfrpls Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:21:44 +0200 Subject: Initial import of Drohiczyn-Poleski site --- posts/en/Zawielewie.html | 223 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 223 insertions(+) create mode 100644 posts/en/Zawielewie.html (limited to 'posts/en/Zawielewie.html') diff --git a/posts/en/Zawielewie.html b/posts/en/Zawielewie.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000..c811e9c --- /dev/null +++ b/posts/en/Zawielewie.html @@ -0,0 +1,223 @@ + + + + + + Village Zawielewie + + + + +

Village Zawielewie

+
+ Date: 2025-06-11    |    + Tags: Zawielewie +
+ + + +

In written sources from the 16th century. In 1783 it was mentioned as a part of Braszewicze parish, a Catholic church authority, belonged to Braszewicze Roman Catholic parish.

+ +

From 1795 it was a part of the Russian Empire, Kobryn district, Slonim district, from 1797 Lithuanian, from 1801 in Grodno province. The village is on the map of 1860:

+ +
+ One-verst map 1801-1845 +
One-verst map, 1801–1845
+
+ +

The village on the military topographic map of the Russian Empire for 1846-1863:

+ +
+ Military topographic map 1846-1863 +
Military topographic map of the Russian Empire, 1846–1863
+
+ +

In the Grodno Archives (NIAB), Fond: 2 Inventory: 36, there is a mention of the village and its inhabitant Mlyczanka Pawel:

+ +
+ NIAB archive mention 1858 +
NIAB archive, 1858
+
+ +

In 1858 the village was the center of the rural community in Braszewicze volost, part of the Braszewicze estate. There were 315 revision souls (state villagers). The village is on the map of 1865:

+ +
+ Three-verst map 1865 +
Three-verst map, 1865
+
+ +

In 1905 there were 675 inhabitants.

+ +

From 1921 to 1939 it was a part of Poland, Braszewicze Commune, Drohiczyn District, Polesie Voivodeship. In 1921 there were 57 households, 297 inhabitants. There was a public school:

+ +
+ Public school in Zawielewie, 1921 +
Public school, 1921
+
+ +

The village is marked on the WIG map:

+ +
+ Polish WIG map of Zawielewie +
Polish WIG map
+
+ +

From 1939 it was a part of the BSSR, Braszewicze parish, Drohiczyn district, Pinsk region. There were 141 yards and 833 inhabitants; also there was a functioning school. Since 12 October 1940 in Braszewicze village council, Drohiczyn district, Pinsk region. During the Great Patriotic War 21 inhabitants of the village died, 17 did not return from the front. In 1949 a collective farm was established. In 1954 it was included into Brest region. The village is marked on the Red Army map:

+ +
+ Red Army map of Zawielewie +
Red Army (RKKA) map
+
+ +

Also on the kdwr map:

+ +
+ German military map kdwr +
German military map (kdwr)
+
+ +

In 1959 the village had 410 inhabitants, in 1970 – 644 inhabitants, in 1995 – 185 yards and 502 inhabitants. There was an elementary school. Until 2004 it was a part of the collective farm named after Kalinin.

+ +

There is a church of Evangelical Christians-Baptists in the village. Their house of prayer is opened in an old wooden building, built according to some data in the late XIX – early XX centuries. The temple is a green-colored single log building with a small porch with columns and arched windows on the side facades. The building is horizontally boarded, the gable at the back is vertically boarded. A small roadside chapel from 1938 can also be seen in the village.

+ +
+ Baptist church in Zawielewie +
Baptist prayer house
+
+ +
+ Roadside chapel from 1938 +
Roadside chapel, 1938
+
+ +
+

References and materials used in the post

+ +
+ +
+ ← Return to Main Page +
+ + + -- cgit v1.2.3