Village Osowlane

Date: 2024-10-10    |    Tags: Osowlane

The village of Osowlane was mentioned in 1858, as part of Imienin parish, Kobryn district, Grodno province. There were 13 “souls” (state villagers) in the village, formerly subordinated to the Torokany monastery.

Schubert's map of 1870:

Schubert map 1870
Map 1 — Schubert map (1870)

In 1905 the village had 285 inhabitants.

From 1921 to 1939 it was part of Poland, Imienin commune, Drohiczyn district, Poleskie voivodeship.

In 1921 the village had 52 courtyards and 133 inhabitants (all Orthodox).

WIG map:

WIG map
Map 2 — Polish WIG map

From 04.12.1939 the village became part of the BSSR. It had 57 households and 246 inhabitants.

From 1940 it was the center of the village council. During World War II, the village was partially burned and 8 inhabitants died at the front.

RKKA map:

RKKA map
Map 3 — Red Army (RKKA) map

Since 1954 the village has been part of Brest region.

Population: 163 inhabitants in 1960, 162 in 1970, and 56 inhabitants in 1995 (30 households).

References and materials used in the post

← Return to Main Page / На главную