Village Siemionowszczyzna

Date: 2025-08-20    |    Tags: Siemionowszczyzna

The village is mentioned in 1778 in the Drohiczyn County, Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

Since 1795 it became part of the Russian Empire, in Kobryn County of the Slonim Province, later the Lithuanian Province, and from 1801 the Grodno Province.

The village on the military-topographic map of the Russian Empire (1846–1863):

WTKRI map 1846-1863
Map 1 — Military topographic map (1846–1863)

In 1858 the village, a suburb of Drohiczyn in Kobryn district, had 127 inhabitants and belonged to the Bronne estate of Bolesław Żuk. In 1905 it had 956 inhabitants.

One-verst map
Map 2 — One-verst map
Three-verst map
Map 3 — Three-verst map

From 1921 to 1939 it was part of Poland, in Drohiczyn gmina, Drohiczyn powiat, Polesie Voivodeship. In 1921 there were 8 households and 153 inhabitants.

WIG map
Map 4 — Polish WIG map
KDWR map
Map 5 — German military map (KDWR)

From 1939 it became part of the Belarus SSR. In 1940 it had 64 households and 417 inhabitants. During WWII 10 residents were killed.

Since 1954 it has been part of the Brest region. In 1970 there were 351 residents, and in 1995 there were 128 households and 367 residents.

References and materials used in the post

← Return to Main Page / На главную