Village Skibicze

Date: 2025-08-26    |    Tags: Skibicze

The village is mentioned in documents from 1769 as part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

From 1795 it became part of the Russian Empire in the Kobryn district of the Slonim province, later the Lithuanian province, and from 1801 the Grodno province.

The village on Schubert's map (1832):

Schubert map 1832
Map 1 — Schubert map (1832)

Also on the military-topographic map of the Russian Empire (1846–1863):

WTKRI map 1846-1863
Map 2 — Military topographic map (1846–1863)

In 1858 the village was the center of a rural community in Drohiczyn volost. It belonged to several estates and landowners, with state peasants recorded in the area. In 1905 there were 18 inhabitants.

One-verst map
Map 3 — One-verst map
Three-verst map
Map 4 — Three-verst map

From 1921 to 1939 it was part of Poland, in Drohiczyn gmina, Drohiczyn powiat, Polesie Voivodeship. In 1921 there were 15 households and 96 inhabitants.

WIG map
Map 5 — Polish WIG map
KDWR map
Map 6 — German military map (KDWR)

From 1939 it became part of the Belarus SSR. In 1940 there were 43 households and 272 inhabitants. During WWII, five residents were killed.

Since 1954 it has been part of the Brest region. In 1970 there were 143 residents, and in 1995 there were 34 households and 63 residents.

References and materials used in the post

← Return to Main Page / На главную